CBS have recently completed the supply, delivery, unloading and placement of 168 linear metres of silage clamp retaining walls over a three-day period at Broadley Farm AD plant.
It was decided by Farm Renewables, the developers of the project that the CBS Agri U wall system would be the wall of choice to form the silage clamps due to the benefits of the CBS Agri wall range.
The Agri wall range consists of T walls, L walls and U walls. L walls are generally used at the perimeter of silage clamps as they can support loading on only one side. T walls or U walls are designed to support loading on both sides therefore they are used to separate multiple silage clamp bays.
The main advantage of the Agri U wall compared to the Agri T is that once installed, the large U channel is filled with aggregates to within a metre of the top of the wall. This forms a safe working platform that can also be used for gravel bag storage and can provide extra drainage solutions.
The benefits of the Agri wall system:
- When storing silage, the units require no bolting or fixing to foundations
- The units are available in lengths between 2m – 5m reducing lifts on site
- The increased unit length compared to competitor systems reduces the number of joints that require sealing and maintaining
- Extremely simple foundation requirements
- Fast installation, we can offer an installation service in which we can install up to 100 metres per day
- Huge cost savings can be made due to the fast installation, simple foundation requirements and reduced number of joints.
If you would like any more information on bund walling systems, please do not hesitate to get in touch on: 01949 480 250 or email us at: [email protected].