CBS have supplied main contractors DY Space Ltd with L- type precast concrete retaining walls for their new build housing project in Chatham. The client needed a solution to safely protect newly built houses that were to be constructed in the cut away of the steep hill at the rear of the site. It was the purpose of the precast concrete retaining walls to support the earth at the rear of the site from collapsing. The aesthetics of the walls was also very important to this project as the walls would be clearly visible to the new residents on the site.
It was decided that the CBS Concrete Products L – type precast concrete retaining walls would be the best solution due to the uniform and consistent finish. The overall cost and the speed of the installation also made CBS precast concrete retaining walls an obvious choice, compared to competitor systems due to the increased unit length reducing the number of lifts on site, the simple foundation requirements as well as the faster installation time.
- CBS L – type precast concrete retaining walls are available in lengths between 2,000mm and 6,000mm compared to 1,000mm competitor units. CBS retaining walls are also available in heights from 500mm to 6,000mm
- L-type precast concrete retaining walls are manufactured from a high quality C60/75 grade self-compacting concrete
- The L-type precast concrete retaining wall unit lengths results in less lifts on site compared to competitor units
- The L-type precast concrete retaining walls increased unit length reduces the number of joints that require sealing and maintaining
- The L-type precast concrete retaining wall units do not require expensive and complex foundations. No bolting/ resin anchor fixing to foundations are required in standard applications
- CBS Can offer an installation service in which 100 linear metres can be installed per day
- Due to the simple, fast and simple installation method, the Agri wall system can offer huge cost savings compared to other concrete retaining wall solutions
To find out how the CBS Concrete Products precast concrete retaining wall system can benefit you, please email: [email protected] or call: 01949 480 250